Friday, December 6, 2013

The Poet In Me

I have been writing poems since I can remember. But what I can't  remember is how it started or who influenced me to write. And I am certain it wasn't my grade school teacher nor my friends. It's not even in our bloodline.  With that, I'm gonna let you take a peek on one of my poems:




A Gypsy's Prayer


I wandered through the ruins of Angkor Wat
To find the greatest grace of mankind
I mused the carvings of Borobudur
To uncover the soul of the mind
Sought for happiness in every grain of sand
And bathe in the wisdom of every man
Yet even the highest peak of the Everest
Could not see the future on the palm of my hand

Let me follow the course of Amphawa river
To find the tail of the wildest meander
Let me gather the force of Pagsanjan Falls
And learn where the rainbow begins
Push me through the massif of Sierra Madre
To measure the limit of my understanding
Let me gather the fireflies in the evening 
And allow me to worship the stars

Bring me to the shore where I was born
Where murmurs of familiar waves are endless
Take me to the ocean I call home 
Where the movement is evasive and cunning
I long for the wind I call partner
That used to tell me bedtime stories
Take me to the land I call mother
That which used to remind me of my dreams





Maryann Maglangit
07-21-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment